Wednesday 6 July 2011

Disaster Struck (well.. almost)

so my interview was at 4:30 that same day and I had the job of picking up my wee bro from high school, once we got home he nagged me to take him round the corner to the school hostel so he could purchase some illegal laser pointer (those green military ones with a 3km range) of a friend from school, we're driving along and I thought, fuck this.. i'll take a shortcut through a local motel cos' it's quicker, driving through and about halfway a giant gate is locked and there's no access.

As I reverse out my car gets blocked in the carpark by some angry old fella who happens to be the owner... he was MAD as the MAD Butcher!!!
he then went on to swear and go nuts at me and my brother, dragged us into the office and told us to wai there till the cops arrived. will sitting there contemplating how I was gonna talk our way out of it, the cops arrived at 4:35......

of course this guys such a nutter, the cops were laughing on the way up and told us to act like we'd been told off (best cops I've ever met)

anyways by then I figured I was late and wasn't sure whether I should go.. I did in the end (after speeding through the back streets of Dunedin) and arrived 15 mins late only to find that they too were running late and it would all be fine. I felt as though I had aced the interview afterwards.. however one thing weighed in the back of my mind......

No comments:

Post a Comment